Thong Yod (Gold Egg Yolks Drops)
Thong Yod (Gold Egg Yolks Drops) is an ancient Thai dessert served in suspicious ceremonies. It was brought by Lady Witchayen. It is in popular family of desserts consisting of Thong (meaning Gold) in all of the names. Thong-yib, Thong-yod, Foy-thong, all mean to wish everyone with gold; much money and treasure, and to spend forever.
15 egg yolks
10 tbsp. Thong Yod flour (wheat and rice flour mixture)
Ingredients of Syrup
10 measuring cups castor sugar
6 measuring cups fresh water
Ingredients of Light Syrup
1 measuring cups castor sugar
1 measuring cups fresh water
1. Separate the yolks from white eggs. Strain though muslin. Squeeze.
2. Blend until thick and fluffy for 15 minutes.
3. Ladle the mixture in the cup. Add 4 tbsp. of flour. Mix well.
4. Drop the mixture in boiling syrup. Increase heat.
How to drop the mixture
The drop shape is formed by dropping the thick mixture from the tip of a finger into hot bubbling heavy syrup. The drops are then removed into still, cooled lighter syr up after cooking.
1. Glossy and delicacy surface.
2. Both outer and inner of Thong Yod should be soft.
3. Not stench.